Easy chocolate rose truffles
Use up your leftover biscuit or cake crumbs to make these delicious small bites, perfect with a cup of coffee.
100g plain chocolate
2 tblsps Welsh Rosewater (Rosa Damascena)
2 egg yolks
25g ground almonds
25g vanilla or chocolate cake or biscuit crumbs
110g icing sugar
Decoration options: drinking chocolate, chocolate strands, chocolate curls
- Break up the chocolate and put it with the butter into a basin over a saucepan of hot water.
- Leave until both have melted, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rosewater and egg yolks, mix in well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a plate.
- Leave to cool until firm but not set (about 1 ½ hours).
- From the plate, roll equal amounts of mixture into small balls, toss in your choice of decoration to coat.